Ron de Bruin, an Excel Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and a frequent contributor to the newsgroups, provides the samples and add-in.
So I did some tinkering and found that if I changed the output to a brand new file (i.e.
let Alteryx create the file when it runs, rather than write to an existing one) with the exact same settings as above, the file is created without errors, however when I try to open it I get an Excel error "Excel cannot open the file because the file format or file extension is not valid..." Further tinkering reveals that if I change the actual output file to extension *(i.e. The workbook is created without errors and I can open it just fine. As a side note, if i use the Error: Output Data (750): Error opening connect string: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Cannot update.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
Hello, not sure if this is in the right place to post this or not.
I have configured my outputs to use Microsoft Excel *file format (no *is available), using Overwrite Sheet (Drop) output option.